Refugee Ministry Lessons
1) There is not "them" only "us." Jesus' challenge to love our neighbors is to enlarge our definition of "us."
2) There are no "unbelievers" only "not-yet belivers." We don't get to judge. We proclaim the Gospel with the assumption that all will believe.
3) There is no difference between meeting physical and spiritual needs. We do not meet physcial needs to gain access to spiritual needs. We meet physical needs because it is the right thing to do. There is a danger that if we seek to manipulate or "buy" or way into the spiritual, we taint the relationship.
4) There is no difference between a big vision and a big heart. Thre can be a difference if the big vision is based on self-promotion and success. If the vision is based on relationship and service, they are the same.
5) Thre is no difference between leading and following. Good leaders follow. Good followers lead.